Local Projects and Organizations
This list includes the many organizations and community groups that are working to address our housing challenges in Jefferson County. Please visit the websites of each group to learn more and get involved, and learn about their specific one-time needs at the Community Engagement and Investment Portfolio. If you know of a group who should be included on this list, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Bayside Housing and Services. Provides transitional housing at the Old Alcohol Plant and newly pursuing development of tiny home communities, boarding houses and other affordable permanent housing options.
- Habitat for Humanity. Working with low-income families using a sweat-equity homeownership model to build and sell homes to individuals and families.
- Peninsula Housing Authority. Administers regional Section 8 voucher program as well as the Mutual Self-Help Build Program (in partnership with the USDA), an affordable homeownership program that serves those making up to 80% of area median income. The program supports groups of families building their homes together under the supervision of PHA staff.
- QUUF Affordable Housing Action Group. A project of the local Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
- Quimper Housing Development Cooperative. Supports local housing cooperatives, co-housing and other alternative housing organizations. Contact Viki Sonntag at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OlyCAP. Provides a range of temporary and permanent housing options for low-income and homeless individuals and families. Currently moving forward with a 44-unit affordable project in Port Townsend.
- San Juan/ Discovery Project. A large development in Port Townsend that is seeking to include sustainable, inclusive and affordable living options.
- Homeward Bound. Community land trust model, currently developing eight-units of affordable housing on Cherry Street in Port Townsend.
- The Community Boat Project provides paid internships to 18-25 year old Jefferson County residents and teaches job and life skills through building tiny houses, which are then passed on to members of the community.
Title: OlyCap project moves forward, 44 units for JeffCo families and individualsAfter nearly 13 years of no new multi-family affordable housing construction in Jefferson County, OlyCap is moving forward through
Local homeowners have a new opportunity to help bring permanently affordable housing to those who need it most in our community. Bayside Housing, having run their transitional housing project at