Housing + Sanitation Learning Series!
A collaboration between PHLUSH & HSN
Through education and advocacy, our partnering organization Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human (PHLUSH) helps local governments and citizen groups to provide equitable public restroom availability and to prepare for sanitation disasters with appropriate ecological toilet systems.
In late 2022, PHLUSH and HSN collaborated on 6 learning events (5 virtual + 1 field trip.) Below are recordings of the virtual events.
Recordings of PHLUSH + HSN learning sessions:
- Panel discussion on “FLUSH: The Documentary,” including panelists featured in the film. (10/11/2022, 1 hour 20 min.)
- Presentation on Sanitation Justice and Housing by sanitation justice specialist + UCLA instructor Abigail Brown. (October 2022, 45 min.)
- Community Conversation on Sanitation Justice and Housing (based on above presentation by Abigail Brown). (10/25/2022, 1 hour 20 min.)
- Presentation + Q&A on Composting Toilets and the Codes & Policies that Support Them. with Laura Allen, co-founder of Greywater Action. (11/15/2022, 1 hour 25 min.)
- Presentation + Q & A on Waterwise Homes & Landscapes – Greywater Reuse and Rainwater Harvesting with Laura Allen, co-founder of Greywater Action. (11/29/2022, 1 hour 20 minutes)
- Wrapping Up Loose Ends: final session hosted by two sanitation experts. (December 13, 2022, 1 hour 30 min.)
Event recordings from other organizations:
- How the City Works – The Story of Water (10/25/2022, 38 min.)
- Greywater Action: https://greywateraction.org/
- PHLUSH (Public Hygiene Lets us Stay Human): phlush.org
- Sustainable Action Alliance: susana.org
- Hygiene 4 All: https://www.h4apdx.org/
- Jefferson County Restroom Finder
- LavaMaex: https://lavamaex.org/
Have a resource you think should be listed here? Send suggestions to email@example.com and put “sanitation page suggestion” in subject line.