Volunteer with HSN!
If you want to help build this countywide movement to promote housing for all, get involved with the Housing Solutions Network! Below is a brief description of our current volunteer needs.
Please reach out to the HSN team to express your area of interest and time availability.
Current Volunteer Offerings
Housing Action Teams: Joining an existing Housing Action Team (HAT) is the most popular choice for people volunteering with HSN.
- Time Commitment: 3 hours per week, HATs meet every other week. For regular contribution, we’d prefer a minimum commitment of 6 months.
Collecting housing stories. Help share the stories of people in Jefferson County who have been impacted by our housing shortage, as well as those of people making a difference. This volunteer role will interview and write up short testimonials to share with the broader community.
- Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per story.
Social media. Help us build interest in HSN and provide information for the public by generating content for our social media platforms. This position will have clear guidance on what to post/not to post and will receive support from the HSN team. Simple social media experience and comfortability needed. Must have a personal Facebook account.
- Time Commitment: 2-3 posts per week totaling 1-2 hours per week. Prefer a commitment for a minimum of 6 months.
Grant research and writing. Help us expand the dollars flowing into Jefferson County housing organizations and efforts through pursuing statewide and national grant opportunities. HSN has already identified possible grants. Grant writing experience preferred.
- Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per each small to medium sized grant application. Will work closely with HSN team.
Data Collection and Project Indexing. Help us build a strong repository of existing data and studies on housing issues and the demographics related to housing in Jefferson County and beyond, as well as an index of local projects underway and models that are working in other communities.
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per month with a minimum 2 month commitment.
Graphic Design and Photography. Support in creating compelling infographics and visually compelling communications materials or help to take beautiful portraits for sharing housing stories.
- Time Commitment: One-time commitment of 5-10 hours.